1.6
Privacy and Data Security

It is August 2016, and the Meetup San Jose/Campbell Riding, Hiking and Anything Fun just deleted me from their group because I missed 3 Meetups I signed up for way back in 2010.I joined them in February 2010 so I have missed less than 1 Meetup a year.

Also, the reason I missed the meetups is because my husband died in January 2010 and we could not have the funeral until February 2010. Then, I learned I probably had cancer, before we were able to even have his funeral. In addition to burying my husband in 2010, I was tested for 3 different types of cancer in 2010 including 3 surgeries, including one to remove an ovary and one to remove my uterine lining. Also, I had multiple tests including an ultrasound and blood tests.

I was not only intensely grief stricken, loosing my husband of 30 years, I was also fighting for my own life. But according to the cold blooded organizer Stan, the above situations where no excuse for missing the three above Meetups way back in 2010.

In addition, he said only five words to me in the six and a half years I was in the Meetup and the rest of the people attending also never spoke to me except the people in the mid-week hiking group. In addition, all the hikers were very fast and every hike, they just all took off with out me and I was forced to hike alone.

They do no accommodate slow and even medium speed hikers.Avoid this Meetup like the plague!!!!!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of abusive and cold blooded organizer. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of meetup membership. Meetup needs to "you need to have a formal ethics statement all organizers must sign and some formal training in age discrimination and disability laws. the organizer just run wild" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned meetup membership in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Meetup.

Comments

Stan removed me after I missed one meetup. I honestly believe these kind of guys should not be allowed to run meetups.

to John San Jose, California, United States #1321716

The same Stan rejected my application to the group because my profile picture was not friendly enough.He said that the angle is bad and I did not smile enough on the photo!

After saying all this BS he blocked me.

Imagine how sad this person is?I am glad that I never was a member of the group whose leader discriminates people by their look.